Sunday, November 29, 2009

Photos from Ecuador




This is Coto Paxi, the world's highest active volcano






The children













The Andes - 11,000 feet up




We visited a small community high in the Andes. They were given Alapaca's through World Vision's Gift Catalog. The Alpacas help to protect the environment and water tables. It's making a tremendous difference in their crop production.




We stopped briefly at a small school in the village










The mountains are simply gorgeous




And so are the people...





I loved this image of a girl standing on the mountaintop with her dog. The picture isn't as amazing as the one that's imprinted in my mind.




This is Virgen de Quito, sitting high upon a hill overlooking Ecuador.





I took this picture at the Fiesta de Quito celebration



Just had to end with one of the cutest kids I met. He loved the camera! I think I have about 30 pictures of him.



No comments:

Post a Comment