Saturday, June 2, 2012

the orchid

Today, I attended the funeral of my friend, Mieko.  I hope everyone is fortunate enough to have someone in their life like her.  Mieko was life-giving.  She was beautiful, strong, and joyful.  And she had the rare gift of making you feel worthwhile, like you really mattered in the world.  She celebrated -  you.

On the mantle at the memorial service, there were orchids.  The orchid is a flower of magnificence, representing rare and delicate beauty. A perfect symbol for Mieko's life.

After returning home, the flowers on my window sill caught my eye.  The orchid had bloomed just a little bit more today.  I felt inspired.  I felt inspired to live more, love more, create more, and just be more.  Thank you, Mieko.  I am sad you are no longer with us on this earth, but I am happy you will live among us and in us - forever.


1 comment:

  1. How lovely, Lisa. And please tell your father how much we enjoyed his flowers. They were magnificent! Thanks for being there. Love, Harriet

    ReplyDelete