Thursday, March 15, 2012

happy birthday, Annie

Going through my glove compartment today, I ran across this card.  It was sealed, and nestled between an old Dominos mailer, and a map of San Francisco.  It is addressed to my dear friend, Annie, who passed away almost 2 1/2 years ago.  I forgot to give it to her one day when we met for Thai food in Federal Way.  I left the card in my glove compartment, knowing that eventually I would see her again.  Eventually, I would remember. And  surely, we would both have a good laugh over it.  

Well, I didn't remember.  And then, I didn't see her again.

Today would have been Annie's 45th birthday.

If you love someone, tell them.  You may not get a second chance.

    

3 comments:

  1. *sigh* I'll bet Annie knows you found the card, had a good laugh, and knows that we're wishing her a happy birthday in heaven - I hear they have really good parties there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Annie's gift to you. You will carry that moment with you forever. That smile and laugh is yours forever. :) Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice words. I have no question that she's laughing at me right now. Laughing is always what we did best. Looking forward to seeing her again on the other side.

    ReplyDelete